Ethan's Age

Friday, March 1, 2013

20 Questions- PAIL Link Up Style

PAIL is doing a 20 questions link-up... so here is my submission! 
Les Questions
.
  1. What was the last thing you threw in the garbage/recycling?
 I just threw away my list of things to pack for Ethan's visit to the In-laws.  My Inlaws are the most fantastic inlaws ever.  Every month or so, they take Ethan for a weekend.  They find this fun.  And they purchase clothes for him.  (Either they feel I don't dress him ever, or they really like clothes shopping.  I've had to avoid the clothes section, because I'd buy the entire store.  So now, I think I'll plan the weekend sleep overs to match up with when I need some new outfits ;)  )

2. What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod?
I had to look this up, because I didn't even have a guess. The first place winner goes to "Ambient Rain," which we used for Ethan's white noise for a while until we moved him into his own room with a noise machine.  Weirdly enough, it is 79 plays, and he only spent around 2.5 weeks in our room listening to it.  79!  (Second place goes to Paramore's "We are Broken," Third to  "Never Alone" by Winter Park, Fourth to "Everywhere" by Michelle Branch, and rounding out the top five is "Trees" by Twenty-One Pilots- which is incidentally my cousin's band who was recently featured on Jimmy Kimmel Live.)

3. What is your favorite quote?
"Why chose failure when success is an option?" ~Jillian Michaels.  This mantra goes through my mind over and over in different situations.  Lately, the quote has gotten me through some tough mind over body moments in my Hot Hatha Yoga class.

4. What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
I hate doing laundry. Which I have to do a LOT of with a young one.  

5. What is your favorite form of exercise?
Currently, I'm a yoga addict.  I purchased a one month unlimited pass for a third of the regular price on Living Social.  But it's not just regular yoga, it's hot hatha yoga. 105 degrees, 40% humidity.  It hurts SO good. 

6. What is your favorite time of day?
Favorite time of the day is when I pull Ethan out of the bath and we just stand with him wrapped in a towel and snuggle.  He doesn't tend to snuggle much, so I relish this time with him.

7. What is on your bedside table?
Uber boring.  Nothing currently.  At night, my laptop. 

8. What is your favorite body part?
My legs are getting VERY toned from yoga.  So, at this moment I'm loving my thighs. 

9. Would you use the power of invisibility for good or evil? Elaborate.
Both.  I'd sit in on some conversations I wish I could hear, and also get the chance to do some good deeds unseen. 

10. If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?
If the question also allows me to have the body I had at that time, 21. Otherwise, I'm pleased with where I am now. 

11. What is the first thing you would do if you won the lottery?
Pay off our house and cars.  Then pay off my mother's house, my in-laws house, and my brother in laws house.  Then a huge part into Ethan's college fund.  After that, I'd want to travel and invest in some charities. 

12. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Dishonesty.  In all it's forms.  Included is being fake or judgmental. Also, when people use their religion to promote hate towards a group or individual. 

13. If you could know the answer to any question, what would it be?
Will my son turn into an amazing upstanding citizen? (Secondarily followed up by "Is god in the form I currently believe he is?")

14. At what age did you become an adult?
At 18, by a traumatic event, not by age. 

15. Recommend a book, movie, or television show in three sentences or less.
Stiff, the Curious Lives of Human Cadaveors.  A book about what happens when you donate your body to science.  An important read, make sure you delineate what your body can be used for, since there are some weird things science can do with you. 

16. What did you do growing up that got you into trouble?
Dishonest actions.  In so many ways.  I was a very troubled little lady.  Thankfully, I've gotten over it. 

17. What was the first album you bought with your own money?
Whitney Houston's "Bodyguard."  (Fun Fact- followed quickly by Weird Al Yankovich's "Amish Paradise," an album of which I still know every word. 

18. If someone wrote a book about you, what would be the title?
"Seeking Resolute Composure."

19. What story do you wish your family would stop telling about you?
I find stories about things I did with my father when I was young tough to hear.  We are both in such different places... and neither one of us knows anything about the other person's life.  Sadly, not by my choice. As I continue to raise my son, I am flabergasted that my own father doesn't want to know me or put in the work to mend some of the damage he caused. 

20. True or false: The unicorn is the greatest mythical creature. State your case.
Obviously.  Is there even anything to say to argue against this?

No comments:

Post a Comment