Ethan's Age

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Refocusing

Over the past few months, I've been not posting as much.  I think it is because originally my blogging was focusing on infertility, and my strong desire to be a mom. 

I've been SO blessed to have achieved the greatest accomplishment of my life, the most amazing, beautiful and perfect little boy. So many people helped along the way, Dr. Awesome, my husband, and all of you.  Many of you are now working on baby #2, and this is not in our plan. 


So, I've been wondering what this blog will become.  Before infertility, I blogged a bunch about a variety of things... but now I'm going to refocus back to one of my passions, my relationship with religion, family, the church and youth.  I will continue to post adorable self-serving photos of my son, to be sure... But, I'm now going to take the chance to focus on myself and my faith journey.  I feel strongly that this is where I'm supposed to go from here. 

As a result, I will be sharing my story in the near future, about why this journey continues to be an uphill battle.  It involves things that are not pleasant, and things that are rarely talked about... like sexual assault, violence, spiritual abuse, parenting a spiritually open child, the exploration of basic human rights within the spiritual community and misguided people who mean well, but hurt none-the-less.

This new focus and passion will bring new life to my blog for me, and hopefully for you as well.  I would love to have any comments on what you'd like to see me blog about most, on any of these topics.  Regardless, I will move forward.  I am also changing comments to a required log in.  I'm anticipating some comments from people who were once in my life, and still weirdly follow the blog.  I won't delete what they say, but will require a log in to avoid the shield of anonymity that is often so easy to hide behind. 

If these topics trigger you, I'd suggest that you remove my blog from your reader in order to protect yourself.  I will not be hurt by this at all.  If you stay, I promise I'll be writing about a journey that might even get you thinking! 

I do care about all of you.  I must have close to 100 blogs on my reader, so please leave yours below! A fellow blogger actually gave me the inspiration to make this course change for my own blog!

1 comment:

  1. I've been reading your blog for a while now. I'm looking forward to the change in direction... hopefully I'll continue to follow you... My blog is only a few month old... http://stepsintoparenthood.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete