Ethan's Age

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

"He looks just like his dad!"

I'm not going to lie... my son is the cutest baby of all time.  Am I biased?  Damn right I am, but he's SOOOO cute.



But, this cuteness comes at a price.  Whenever we visit with friends or family, the first thing out of their mouths tend to be "he looks just like Jon!"




Now, don't get me wrong.  I love Jon very much, I love Ethan very much... but every once and a while I get a tiny twinge in my heart that screams "JESUS, I BIRTHED THIS BABY!!! I should get SOME credit for cooking him.  Can you just LIE to me and say sometime 'Wow, Ethan has your _______' *insert likeness here*?" (I'm not even sure how to punctuate that sentence, so forgive me.)

If I didn't know that Ethan was pulled from me, I'd wonder at times whether I am the mother.  It's not a question that he's his father's son.

Maybe that's a good thing?



But, one thing is for sure, Ethan has my nose. (And, I have an addiction to commas.) 

And I'm pretty sure The Bloggess and I are sisters:



So, put that in your pipe and smoke it!

No comments:

Post a Comment