Ethan's Age

Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Waiting Game

I've been a slacking blogger, I know. 

I'm still sitting pretty, sitting pretty LARGE.  I'm now 31 weeks along and in the homestrech. 

Here's some updates.
1.  I'm hungry all the time, and now I have adopted the Lord of the Ring Eating Strategy- 1st, 2nd breakfasts etc.  This has curbed the delicate shifting between ok and OMG FEEEEED MEEE.  (Which I'm sure my husband appreciates.)
2.  I'm starting to get used to being home alone all day.  I went a bit crazy over the past few weeks, just feeling a lack of connection between myself and the outside world. I'm thankful that I've met up with a few friends and met some new ones here in my new hometown.  I still feel a bit more disconnected than I'd prefer, but I'm working on it.
3.  We've worked on the little one's room, and it looks cute!  Pictures will be upcoming, after the baby shower mid-month.
4.  Baby shower is coming up on the 15th.  I'm thrilled to say that I'm really not doing much for this, which is pleasant.  I'm looking forward to the gathering of friends and family, and just having a great time.
5. This little guy has camped as north as he can in my body, making moving around at times incredibly uncomfortable.  I've actually tried smoooshing him down a bit lower at times when I'm just aching.  The lack of space for, you know, the REST OF MY INTERNAL ORGANS is at a premium.  Interestingly enough though, I'm pretty sure I've not gained much weight (though this is not my goal, mind you) in the past couple of weeks.  I'm defiantly sticking out there, but I'm comfortable that I'm eating/drinking/living healthy enough to rebound my body pretty quickly after birth and get back on my fitness road. 
6.  He kicks full force now and the fun thing is to press down on where he's kicking and feeling him squirm away or kick some more.  There's a human in there, and that still boggles my mind.

It's starting to hit me that in 8ish weeks, I will be laboring to get this little guy into the world.  I'd be lying if this didn't terrify me a bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment