Ethan's Age

Monday, July 25, 2011

Halfway Cooked!

I'm officially into my 21st week, and our baby boy is cooking away.

I can feel him from time to time, espcially if I have awful posture, I think because he gets squished and is screaming "MOM I NEED MORE ROOOOOOOOM!"  Jon has also said he's felt the little one too, which is totally great.

My mother and I are traveling up to Toronto, Canada next week, and will be gone for a week.  I'm excited to see my family, and show off my pregnant belly :)

I've been spending time reading a bunch of books.  I recently finished reading Dr Sears book "The Vaccine Book."   I'd strongly recommend all books writing by either Robert or William Sears.  I appreciated that such a controversial topic was covered in a pretty unbiased way.  He weighs the pros and cons of various vaccines, and leaves it up to the reader to decide.  I've not found anything in the book that says you should or shouldn't vaccinate.  I'm pretty ok with most vaccines, but would like to put off the newborn ones for a week or so, and I'm not planning on giving them the chicken pox vaccine.  Thankfully, the childbirth center community has several people who do "Chicken Pox Parties" from time to time where my kid can get them naturally.  We didn't die, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment