Ethan's Age

Monday, June 20, 2011

Epic Baby Update

Well, it only seems fair that after the Epic House Update, that I make an Epic Baby Update too!

I'm going into my 4th month now, and things are cruising right along.

I have a baby bump:
This is actually last week!




I met with a midwife today, and wasn't super impressed by their organization.  They were almost 30 minutes late calling me into my appointment.  Then, really, though she was knowledgeable, and fine... I didn't really feel connected with them.  With my doula, it was automatic, I felt comfortable.  There is a connection.  I want to feel that way about my midwife as well.

Thankfully, there is one more option up where we are moving, and they are the clinic that we planned on using for pediatric and PCP care anyway.  So, I'm hoping that I can interview them, if not, I will need to make an actual appointment to meet the gal.

In a week or so, I have an OB appt, where sadly, all I will hear is the heartbeat. I want to demand an ultrasound, but I'm pretty sure that costs extra.  I will want to do one in the middle of July though, as that is when I'd find out the sex of the baby!  Wheeee!

I've felt a couple things that might have been movement, but I'm not sure.  I wish I knew for sure!  I'm firmly in maternity clothes and most of the office is now aware that there is a fetus on board.  There are actually days that I don't feel like I wake up and got hit by a bus.  Today was not one of those days, however they now exist from time to time.  I also eat ALL. THE. TIME.

No comments:

Post a Comment