Ethan's Age

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Moving Forward

Today marked a new attitude for me.  For months I've been doubting that I would ever have my own child.  After hearing that there is NO reason I can't conceive now, I've spent the day looking up birth plans, prenatal yoga and birth alternatives.

I've started to ponder the idea of going a bit more natural during childbirth, I'd love to avoid epidurals, due to a horrid spinal tap experience.

Tell me about your birth plan resources!  I'd like the most comprehensive website with the most options!

I'm also thrilled to not be taking Clomid anymore!!  I've figured that Clomid has been the culprit for me not losing weight as quickly as I think I should be, so now hopefully my hard work will be realized in my body.  I'd still like to lose about 30 more pounds before getting pregnant.  I miss running, but I know I've got another week of recovery or so to be able to start my marathon training back up.  

It's great to finally be turning from 'will it' to 'when will it.'  It's a beautiful thing.

1 comment:

  1. My two favorite resource books were "The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth" and "Birthing from Within"

    Both present facts and let the mother decide what she thinks. Thinking Woman's Guide leans a bit more towards a low-intervention birth, but it's not a bias for the sake of having a bias, if that makes sense. It has a leaning because many interventions are unnecessary risks unless a specific situation arises.

    ReplyDelete