Ethan's Age

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving

Yet another Thanksgiving has come and gone, sans one infant.

I was sitting in the living room of my in-laws while a few of the in-law relatives discussed the large amount of grandchildren they possessed.  I got busy with my sharp white cheddar cheese eating and examining my fingernails for perfection.

Then, the relative who isn't really known for social graces and is slightly deaf  turned to me, and YELLED "SO WHEN ARE YOU AND JON GOING TO HAVE CHILDREN?"  The room quieted, as most knew that Jon and I had been trying to conceive for several years now.

"I hate kids."  I blurted out.  " I hate being around them, I certainly wouldn't want to have one of my own!"  I was quite proud of this comment, as it was on the fly, and everyone who knew the truth.  Thankfully, the relative was none the wiser and probably thought I was a child-eater carried on with conversation with another member of the family.

WHEW!  I thought, that was great!  I totally deflected, stayed in control and made everyone sort of giggle.

The irony of all of this is this month we weren't actively trying, and yet we managed to hit the right date for conceiving.  So, of course, since we weren't trying, we will will end up pregnant this month. That is how things work for us.

In other news, I've been having very vivid surgery dreams.  I get very nervous when I fly overseas, have surgery, you know... out of the ordinary stuff....  I am hoping my dreams aren't a weird omen.

Well, about 6 more days until the testing marathon commences.  Wheee!

1 comment:

  1. I love it and the next time somebody asks me I am going to do the same. It is much better then going into some long explanation of my medical inadequacy.

    ReplyDelete