Ethan's Age

Friday, November 12, 2010

Here goes nothing!

Well, I have a laproscopic procedure scheduled for December 17th, where Dr Awesome will check out my tubes (ooo lala!) and fix anything that might be going on. 

I had no idea that there were so many pre-op appts that had to happen for surgeries! 

I'm very thankful that we have met our deductible for this year, and so we are only responsible for 20% of the total cost, with a lovely benefactor being willing to pick up half of that cost. 

Jon and I have figured that now that I have the surgery scheduled, I'll end up pregnant this cycle, because that seems to be the way things work for us.  We make peace with what we are doing, and then everything falls into place.

I am very excited and VERY nervous about this surgery.  I have major issues with being unconcious and out of control.  I'm also nervous about the pain level, and whether they will need to use a breathing tube (for some really crazy reason, this idea is what scares me the most.)  I'm going to be doing some investigation into this, but my pre-op appt will answer a lot of these questions.  (But if you have any links, let me know!)

I put in my time-off requests for the 17th through winter break, and FMLA/ESLB will cover my surgery recovery time (most of it will be paid for!) 

1 comment:

  1. GOOD LUCK! I hope everything works out. To try so hard for so long must be frustrating. It's time someone or something cuts you a break and lets you be a mama. I will keep hopeful thoughts for you and Jon because it truly is amazing and I feel that everyone should be able to experinace motherhood. You know it's just not far some people who should not procreat pop out babies like it's nothing and those who want one so badly have to jump through hoops to make it happen. Good Luck ♥

    ReplyDelete