Ethan's Age

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Good month

Hi kids!

Well, this month was planned very well, and the odds of conception are great due to the timing of things (before, during and after.)  Though I know not to get my hopes up too far, as I thought about how perfectly timed other months have been.  I think this cycle is the best chance we've had thus far.  I'm sitting firmly on DPO 4 (well, 3 until 30 minutes from now.)  I'm going to make a little game with myself that I can't test unless I do a day of Couch to 5K.  We'll see how long that lasts.


I think, however, that after this cycle, I might start advocating strongly towards the IUI route of things.  This is the 3rd month where I'm ovulating on both sides (hellllllllo mood swings and hot flashes due to the upped dose of Clomid and helllllllo cramping BIG TIME!)  so, if you figure the chances are around 25% each time, I'm getting pretty close to throwing in the towel of us trying on our own.  In the meantime, I lie here in bed next to two furnaces.  I'm married to one of them, and my dog is the other.  Not even the air conditioning can take the edge off of this heat wave.  Oy.  Suggestions?  Sleep with a cold pack?

In other news, both jobs fronts for myself and the boy are going well.   Things seem to always settle out in our favor, and if you believe in karma, what we put out in the world comes back to us.   More details about my end of that as news develops.  Though things might not work out the way they planned, they always work out.

Jesus, that sounds like a cheesy Hallmark Card.  Pardon me while I gag.

5 comments:

  1. Sleeping with a cold pack or a sizable water bottle (the rubber kind) with cool water in it can help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *squee* my fingers are crossed super tight!! I cant wait to here the news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you all the best on this cycle! I just gave you a blog love shout out today! (http://stressfreeinfertilityblog.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too Dawn! I might or might not already be testing.

    COUGH COUGH.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the shout out Krissi!

    ReplyDelete