Ethan's Age

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Is this month the month?

The past few days have been riddled with outward signs that we might have hit the jackpot.  Let's Recap.


1.  I spend more time peeing than I do basically doing anything else. 
Could be that I'm drinking an absurd amount of liquids, but I don't think I am. (I swear, I just went 20 minutes ago, and I have to go AGAIN!) Side note, I peed twice during the writing of this blog entry.




2.  Weird foods (and weird amounts of foods) are crossing my mind as delicious.
Mostly though, I've been eating like a horse, and like it's going out of style.  I need an offensive amount of snacks to make it through my evening.  Thankfully tonight I limited myself to a large bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats with Raspberries and a huge bowl of popcorn. (Which I shared with the dog, to be fair.  well, 30 kernels or so.) And yes, that is deviled eggs with soft serve ice cream and salad in the picture.  No, I didn't make that.

3.  I feel like a tank.
Maybe it's the amount of snack food that I am eating but I feel like 80 pounds heavier today than I did, like 2 weeks ago.



4.  Vivid Dreams
Ok, so maybe the world isn't coming to an end by way of huge flapjacks falling from the sky (a la Spaghetti with a Chance of Meatballs) but you'd think it was.  A few nights ago, I scared the crap out of my husband when I woke up yelling that he was covered in spiders.   He wasn't.  And he was also not amused.  (I thought it was funny the next day.  He was still sore about it.)


5. Nausea
Oh man, do I feel like I've caught a rodent in my stomach, and it's just running through a hamster wheel of puke.  I've not yaked yet, but not for lack of feeling like it!  Good times!


6.  Just the feeling
I just feel pregnant!




And so, I obsess about every little sign (and probably have psychosematically created some more signs) and work on my birth plan.  I'm not going to lie.  Epidurals scare the crap out of me, since I've experienced a botched Spinal Tap where I was leaking spinal fluid for days (let me tell you, the feeling of your brain sloshing into your skull is not pleasant, surprisingly enough.)  However, pain is something I have a VERY LOW tolerance for.

So.  I've decided to skip birth.  I'm not sure why everyone does the whole birth thing, but I'm going to skip it.  "Beam it out Scotty, beam it out."

Just as a side note, if we do end up getting pregnant, we will not be announcing it here for a while.  (Well, this is the plan, and yet, probably we will.)  But we also want to make sure that the important people in our lives hear it from US first, and not from a well written blog. (Let's also not forget the idea that twins could be in my future!)


3 comments:

  1. Hmmm those are some really good symptoms! Especially the peeing and nausea! Are you feeling more sleepy??

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Dawn- Well, sadly, I'm always sleepy, so I'm not sure I'd be a good gauge of pregnancy!

    Either way, I had a blood test the morning, so I'll find out this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh!!! And I have to wait till you guys are ready to post online!! bahhhh!!!!! LOL

    My fingers are crossed for the good news!!

    ReplyDelete