Ethan's Age

Friday, May 28, 2010

I swear! I'll be a good mother!

Through my blogging community, I have many people who have high hopes to enter the world of motherhood.  They talk about all the fun trips they will take, the cute matching clothes their child will always be wearing... the perfectly balanced diet they will impose on their child. 

What do Jon and I talk about?

How can we embarrass our child? 

Yes, this might make us bad parents.  Well.  Not really.  I remember being little and my mother loved to embaress me.  She would threaten to sing in the store if I wasn't listening.  I don't really remember any instance that she actually did.  Shit.  That probably means it worked.  Well, until the day when I threatened to sing and the normally unflappable mother cringed.  (No, I'm not a bad singer, unless I'm trying to be.)

So, that brings us to present day.  Jon and I have talked about chaperoning their dances and field trips.  We'd dance, of course, at both events, breaking out the latest hit "The Macerena."  Which of course will be out of date by then, let's face it... it's out of date now.  Of course, we'd be singing in the car.  If it was up to me, the song would be "Ironic" by Alanis... or some sort of Coldplay song, which to me always should be sung with a british accent. 

So, of course, we will be great parents.

3 comments:

  1. I always leave my socks on at the Dr's office.
    But I also always take care to make sure I'm wearing one of my more awesome pairs of socks. Example: For my HSG I wore my knee-high Ninja socks (They have little ninjas doing flying kicks all over them). For some reason, I feel more confident if I'm wearing awesomesocks. ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, maybe I should find some fun socks!!

    ReplyDelete