Ethan's Age

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Who Is Julia?

I thought I'd make a post talking a bit about who I am, what I do, etc, so my readers can get to know me a bit better.

My name is Julia, and I live in Portland Oregon. I'm married to my wonderful husband Jon, whom I met in 2007 when I was a supervisor at a local Non-Profit for youth. We dated, and quickly got engaged in late 2007. We married in August of 2008. I currently work for a international non-profit where I manage youth programs for school aged children and one pre-k program. I love my job very much. I also am starting to volunteer again at a local children's hospital working with kids with cancer. My job there is to play games with them, get them what they need and keep them company. I've moved from a critical short term care unit to a cancer/transplant unit. I hope to continue to build great relationships with those kids. I find it very rewarding.

My husband is a 3rd year law student. He's excited and nervous about graduating and taking the bar. He excels at details and is quite a perfectionist. He and I are going to be proud parents of a puppy tomorrow (a golden lab) named Freuhauser. (www.freuhauser.blogspot.com)

Jon and I started actively trying to start our human family in March of 2009. It's been around 9 months of trying for us, and the past 3 cycles were on Clomid. We recently moved to a 2 bedroom, so we can have more room for a child and to just have more room in general.

I'm rather quirky. Milk can't be over a couple of days old, regardless of the expiration date, for me to have to throw it out. I'm addicted to sleeping.

I'm a deeply spiritual person, who used to be embedded in organized religion via the christian church. When I was there, I saw a lot of things, a lot of spiritual things. I've seen what I believe are angels, and what I believe to be demons. I have deeply spiritual dreams. I've seen several times of deliverance (the watered down word for exorcisms), and actually been a part of one and been overpowered by the power of the supernatural. I see things still, I feel what people feel... in a sort of empathic manner. I miss being a part of a group of people in a spiritual context, but am diametrically opposed to what the 'Church' stands for at this time. I'm on an active search for a place to call my spiritual home, but not willing to subject myself to the judgment and harsh people within the 'Church' as we know it.

I've started to write a book about my experience into the supernatural. I've come to a place in my life where I am a bit more separated from the events that surrounded my time within the "christian church' and I feel as though I have much more clarity and sense of purpose in regards to sharing my encounters. I feel as though there are many youth out there within the church or outside that have no guide, no one to validate the experiences that they have supernaturally.

I continue to hope and pray for a new member to my family, and I know that we both will be great parents. I'm thankful for you, and my close group of intimate friendships that I have, as they keep me looking forward, and not back. Thank you for walking with me. I know many of you are on a similar journey, and I continue to wish the best for you along the way. Thank you to my friends who aren't even experiencing the challenges that this blog surround, but surround me with love by reading these ramblings anyway.

This entry is dedicated to a long time friend who could have authored some of these entries, but now has graduated to future mommy-hood. I love you!

5 comments:

  1. Have you tried a Vineyard Church? They tend to believe in the Holy Spirit's active role in our lives and are also very "grace-oriented"... geared toward loving and accepting people right where they are, minus the judgment. Just a thought.

    Excited for your new puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Miracle- Yes, we are stoked! I put done newspaper today in our kitchen in preperation for the puppy!!

    @Secret- Indeed, I was a part of a Vineyard, Assemblies and non-denominational. I also dabbled in the Baptist (*snicker- as if this fits with what I've experienced). I feel as though I want to be out of the Christian realm of things... One of my problems is separating christians from christianity.. to me, they meld together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ::big hugs:: You'll graduate, too! :)

    And, of course, if you're ever curious about what my experiences in the UU church are like, I'm always willing to share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deon- thanks!!
    Kate- As always *love!*

    ReplyDelete