Ethan's Age

Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Sound of Settling

I came to a realization today that I may never be a mom. Or at least, be a mom in the sense of me giving birth to my own child.

The math works out to about this.

The average person has a 20% chance of conceiving on any given cycle.
I only ovulate every other month.

Now we are at 10%.

The SA said 50%.
Now we are at 5%.

5%.


The one thing I've always wanted to be may not be reachable... and I just can't emotionally take it anymore. It's placing a huge strain on me, and it really is tearing me apart.

4 comments:

  1. Don't give up hope. Your math is faulty! 50% for sperm isn't horrible and it only takes one good one to bring you back up to a 20% chance on your good months. 8 months feels like forever, but it really isn't and one month it will happen and you'll wonder why in the heck it worked THAT month and not the others. It won't make any sense and you will want to know how the stars aligned for that month.

    Can you do IVF? It seems like it would be a very successful alternative for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *hugs* Don't give up sweetie! It can happen! We are all here for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. statistics may give you a narrow window for success, but that window is there because it does happen. someone wins the lottery every time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt the same way when I found out that DH has less than 1% normal sperm. I pretty much had a melt down. When I spoke to my dr. she told me to calm down, because he HAS sperm. They can work with that! Are you seeing an RE or a gyn?

    ReplyDelete