Ethan's Age

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Update

Well, I noticed that I hadn't posted in a while, so I thought I'd make a bit of an update. I finished my 2nd round of clomid a couple of weeks ago (maybe a week and a half?) and I am faithfully using OPK's to try to anticipate the big O.

Interestingly, I never seem to have enough hormones to bump the OPK's to a significant solid line. I do have faint lines and some are a bit more prominently faint? And yet, I continue to try to use them, and we'll see. My temp has drastically dropped this morning about a full degree over the past 2 days down to 96.59. Jon says it looks like the latest stock market trend. I'm hoping this is a pre-o temp drop, which could place the O today or tomorrow. According to last month's chart, tomorrow would be right on schedule, if I dare to hope that I actually have a schedule to depend on. Regardless, we will do our best to hit the timing.

I'm not going to lie, trying to get pregnant definitely has it's down sides. Pre-planning encounters isn't really awesome, especially when they weren't really fun anyway. (On my end, due to my history.) I'm actually starting to hope for pregnancy for a whole other reason, the idea that we can stop all these night time shenanigans altogether. Oh well.

I hesitate to hope, but this month is definitely the one where we were armed with the information to do it right. After this month though, I may have Jon go in to be tested to make sure it isn't him.

Meanwhile, school is starting, and work is busy as ever. It's good, because it keeps my mind off "all things baby" while I'm here. Unless I'm fielding inappropriate conversations.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you ovulate soon. And yes, the planned "encounters" are a pain!

    ReplyDelete