Ethan's Age

Monday, September 14, 2009

Just Chillin'

Well, I'm in the middle of the two week wait, assuming that I ovulated on time. I have 5 more days before testing can commence, and I have to admit I already tested on Friday. As if some pregnancy fairy could come down and say "yes, 5 DPO, I'll just give you a preview." Sadly, this is not the case.

In theory, if I O'ed when I think I did, we'd have a great chance this month.

The idea of what we are trying to do has hit me full force. In the same way that Jon feels "out of control" in the process, I feel a huge burden of "total responsibility." It's hard to think about how every little thing will have a direct impact on a developing child both in and out of the womb. This looming responsibilty is beyond and responsibility I've ever had in my life.

This has brought up several intense conversations regarding what is ok for both of us during this time of TTC and pregnancy. Thankfully, we have a great marraige and are able to work through each problem as it comes. We are both fully committed to this process, and neither one of us has faced having a kid before, so it's a given that we won't know what to do and that there will be bumps in the road.

It's so cliche, but I hold to little gems of cheesy wisdom like "no one is born knowing how to be a perfect parent." I'm thankful for all my experience with kids, and I know that will help me when the child is 3-18 years old. If I can just keep all three of us alive for the baby-3 years part, we'll be alright.

In the mean time, I am doing whatever I can to be busy for the next 5 days. I can expect to test on Friday or Saturday. I've also signed up for my first 5K, the Race for the Cure, here in Portland, and I'm really excited. I've not been as fit as I am right now since Elementary School. I caught myself having "bummer" thoughts when I just ran one mile this morning, then walked a quarter of a mile, then another mile. I had a reality check, and thought about how 5 weeks ago I couldn't run even one mile... so I'm cruising!

I hope all is well with all of you. Thank you for stopping by. In the past month I've had over 1200 hits to this Blog! If you follow me regularly, please click on the "Follow Me" link to the left of the page. It gives me a happy feeling to know that people are following my blog!

1 comment:

  1. The beautiful thing about parenting is that every parent-child combination is different. Every day, both you and baby will be learning how to interact. Those first three months are really the hardest, as you both adjust to a new life, and figure out what you can bring from pre-baby into post-baby life.

    ReplyDelete