Ethan's Age

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Updates- Day 70- Cycle 3

Well, I finally got an appt. with an OB/GYN. I'm looking forward to moving forward with the whole TTC process. After some close research, my symptoms line very closely with PCOS (Polycycstic Ovary Syndrome) which affects quite a few women. It includes an irregular cycle, weight gain, feeling odd, and depression. All of these things I've been going through for the past up to two years.

I'm also considering Acupuncture, as it seems closely related to success stories in this area. We shall see, but I'm not going to depend solely on this. Hopefully between some fertility drugs, starting the Couch to 5k again, and acupuncture, my body will be kicked into some sort of normalcy.

Yes, I realize it's not been THAT long that we've been trying, but already my mind is being sent into a bit of a panic. My mother tried for years to have me, and I just don't know if my heart could take that long of a journey with the ups and downs that have happened in the past couple of months alone. What if I can't have a child? This is something I've dreamed of for as long as I could think about it. I'm sure I'm over-reacting but my mother, trying to be helpful, always is reminding me that this sounds just like what she went through. I hate it when she says that, because I can't bear trying for years upon years.

3 comments:

  1. PCOS is often linked with Gluten intolerance. So if you find you need to change your diet... talk to me. I'll be helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fair enough, I shall do that~!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Acupuncture is awesome! I highly recommend it. It can be useful to get your body working better before you get pregnant. Also, it has been proven in recent studies to actually improve implantation during IVF by up to 14%. 14% is a HUGE increase if the success rate of an average IVF is only about 40%.

    Plus, it can make you feel better on a day to day basis, help you sleep better. I know; I've done both methods.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete