Ethan's Age

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Roller Coaster of Baby! Day 53- Cycle 3

Two weeks ago, on a pregnancy test, I saw this:




So, I waited until Jon got home and I had made him a cute set of playing cards listed with 52 reasons I loved him.




It looked like this:


In it were a whole bunch of reasons why I think he is the cutest, most lovable guy I know.

He has requested that the contents remain between him and I. But, take my word for it, it was offensively cute.



The last page said "how excited you will be when you find out you are going to be a dad." This was his face:


"What??"






















Sadly, later on, when I took another pregnancy test, it was negative. I chalk it up to a horrible thing called an "evap line" or a line that appears a bit beyond the readability window. It makes it look like you have two lines, but you really don't. As you can imagine, I was crushed, and spent most of the weekend almost feeling like I had lost a kid. It was awful. Jon felt the same, and we just had a really rough weekend.

I kept testing, because there was still a possibility that I would be pregnant in the future weeks, due to the timing of conception attempts.

Today, June 13, 2009, I took another test. This time it was digital, as I wanted a very clear answer to the question: "Am I pregnant?"

Here's it's response:

!!!!!












Now, we are both cautiously optimistic! (I'm pretty dang sure, because there isn't really any room for interpretation.) If this is for real, our due date is on February 10, 2010!!!

Now, I have much to do, including figuring out an OB/GYN and setting my first pre-natal appointment. I have also decided that I'm skipping the whole birth part. I think that isn't for me. I'm looking into transportation for the method of moving the baby from the uterus to the real world. I watched this idea on the documentary movie "Star Trek." (So it must be available everywhere now!)

Stay tuned for a post from the glowing father to be. (Father's day is just around the corner!)

No comments:

Post a Comment