Ethan's Age

Monday, April 6, 2009

Blog Entry 1.5

I'm not quite sure what my approach is going to be on here... I think it's going to be a repository of thoughts more than anything, which will probably work better than trying to carry any theme or direction through this. I'm also aware that I'm not quite sure who's going to be reading this, which is another reason to use it as, more than anything else, a reflection of where I'm at as we go through this whole process. This may pose an interesting problem content-wise (or, more specifically, language-wise), but I suppose that we're all adults here, so people can choose what to read and not to read (maybe I'll even throw up some advisories at the top of my posts if there are certain language or content issues that people may not want to see, although I can really only foresee language issues, as I'm not sure where I'd go with the content that'd be so out there, but who knows).

So here it goes... some pro's and con's running through my mind considering that it looks like we're 0 for 1 since we've "pulled the goalie" and this first round of trying draws to a close. The pro's include more time to build a financial cushion, more time before our future kid gets too big for our condo and we're forced to upgrade to a house (although we'd like to upgrade to a house sooner rather than later, but on our own terms, rather than being forced), and avoiding the issue of having a kid's birthday close to Christmas (no "happy birthday/merry christmas" combination, leaving the kid forced to consolidate two of the best kid holidays into one event). The con is having to wait longer for a kid now that we're ready and have both settled into the idea. The con, without a doubt, outweighs any pro's I can think of - especially now that the birthday/christmas problem shouldn't be an issue (which, oddly enough, was really kind of concerning me).

[language advisory]

On a separate note, I wanted to name the blog "our future mother-fucking, rolley-polley, chubby-cheecked shit-machine*"... I guess the name we settled on is more concise, but less poetic.

*There's an example of possible language issues as well... let's see how long it takes before the wife makes me take that down :-)

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment